Thursday 3 April 2008

Lichi

Quite sometime ago, my humans and their friend found a stray puppy wandering by himself on a busy street in Shekou. According to the humans, a bus had nearly run him over. They couldn’t bear to leave him on the street to fend for himself so they took him to another friend’s place where they knew he would be safe.

A few days later, they managed to find a permanent home for him. Lichi (that’s his name) was adopted by a nice couple who also reside in Coastal Rose Garden.

It has now been several months since Lichi moved into his new home. I thought I’d take this opportunity to introduce him and to let you know how he is getting on…

A photo of Lichi before he was adopted. He was less than three months old at this time.

Before Lichi was adopted, Missus brought him over to my place to play. Unfortunately, he was so scared that he just hid underneath the sofa for the whole time. Thankfully, he’s totally a different dog now. He still remembers me, but he’s no longer shy or scared. In fact, he’s just the opposite.

Recently, when I was out for a walk, Lichi spotted me and did not hesitate to ‘bark’ hello.

Here are some photos of our reunion.

Lichi. He’s now between six and eight months old.

A bewildered looking Lichi.

Surveying the ground.

And finally, we began our wrestling game.

Lichi trying to make an escape from my huge paws.

Then we decided to play another new game which I’ve recently invented. I call it the ‘Flying Game’. The object of the game is to behave like an aeroplane in an attempt to fly.

First, you have to decide which type of aircraft you want to be.

So ‘Boeing 747’ and ‘007’ (where did he get ‘007’ from?) trying to ‘spread our wings’ and fly…

For me, being an experienced pilot, I was soon airborne.

Obviously he’s too fat to ‘take-off’.

He fell flat on the ground…

Let’s hope Lichi earns his ‘wings’ soon.

(N.B.: This posting is dedicated to Heleen and Michal for saving Lichi’s life.)

No comments: