Sunday 9 November 2008

Central Rotterdam

As you know, I’ve spent the past few weeks in the Golden Tulip Hotel in the centre of Rotterdam. Staying in a hotel can be boring, especially when you’re confined to a tiny room. Other than sleeping, all there is to do is watch endless re-runs of the news from BBC and CNN. To relieve the boredom, I got my humans to take me on a whistle-stop tour of the hotel surroundings. Here are a few pics from our outing:

Me and Missus just outside of the hotel.




The Erasmusbrug (Erasmus Bridge) is in the background. Our hotel is right next to the bridge.




Me and Missus (again).




This is a view of the old buildings across the River Maas .




Look at the boat in the background. I wonder if I am going to get one?




During our walk, we passed by a quaint little street called Koningin Emmaplein. The houses there are booti-ful!




Then, we took a stroll through De Heuvel Park. There was plenty of space there for me to sniff around.




Behind the hotel, there are a number of quays of historical significance. These also provide a great setting for my night time walks.




There are even maritime museums to be explored...




...and a ‘Walk of Fame’ where celebrities leave their marks. How come no one has asked me to leave my paw prints? I am a celebrity after all!




Finally, we made it back to the hotel. As you can see, I was ‘dog-tired’ after my excursion. It was great fun and very interesting though!

6 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Homer!
You had a pawesome walkie!
Everything looks beautiful!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Amber-Mae said...

Really nice place & I bet it's really cold there!!! Definitely you will not feel tired or exhausted when being in a cold country. You can play, run around, chase balls non-stop & your tongue will not even expand! We got to play in Genting the last time & that place up there is the coldest part of Malaysia becoz it's on a hill. It was fun! Btw, congrats on your win for the Halloween Costume Contest!

Pipa said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Homie!

I was missing u so much!
Loved the photos, Holland is pawsome!

Pawease, post more!


Love


Pipa

Molly the Airedale said...

Rotterdam is a very beautiful city, Homer! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!
We do think you should leave your pawprint on the Walk of Fame! You're a celebrity to us!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dino and Family said...

Whoa! Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your new life! Keep on posting them! We want more! Love, Dino

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Homer!
What wonderful walkie! Rotterdam looks so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us. I love to read about your adventures.

Love and licks
Thor