Saturday 28 November 2009

A Nice Day Out

It was a booti-ful day and, as usual, my humans took me for my morning walk in Milan. Today, we went to a different park from the one we normally go to.

Here I am checking the surroundings.


“Wait, what’s happening over there?”


This place turned out to be a doggy paradise. There were little four-legged friends everywhere!


This booti-ful lady reminded me of Chewbacca.


“Excuse me while I get to know you better!”


Look at these Jack Russell ladies. They were a bundle of fun!


This little lady sure knew how to travel in style.


Although my humans haven’t mastered Italian yet, they never have a problem communicating when they are out with me. Most Italians love dogs and are always friendly to us when we get together.


Here are a few more photos from today’s adventures in the park:


On the way home, my humans decided to drop by their local ‘tavola’ (snack bar) for some traditional Italian fare.


Here’s Dad and I outside of the Tavola.


Once inside, I waited patiently for my Italian meal to come.

Man, look at the delicious food on offer!

Look at what Missus and Dad were having. Drool…


Unfortunately, my meal never came. Sigh!


Alas, I wasn’t the only dog waiting for food in vain…

Look at this guy. He never stopped sniffing around.


And this poor fellow had just resigned himself to fate!


Anyway, even if I didn’t get to sample the exquisite Italian food, it was certainly a great day out for me.

Ciao!

12 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Amerikhan khanines are soooo deprived!

We have to stay in the khar or at home...

Tank woo fur sharing your khool and fun day!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Hi, Homer!
I agree with Khyra. The same happens here!
You are a very lucky boy!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

D.K. Wall said...

We so are moving to Europe so we can hang out in restaurants. Wait = we can't surf all of the tables? Never mind.

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

Homer, you look stunning in that first picture!! What a fun day for you, the park and food all looks fantastic!!!

Elizabeth & Luna

Dog By Nature said...

That's so awesome you can go INTO the restaurant Homer! Hope you get to sample some tasty Italian fare soon but it looks like you've got the parks down.

Ben said...

You are living the life - INSIDE. I am happy when they let me sit on the porch.

marinick said...

Ohhh... I'm Homer, a golden retriever, from Spain. Here, I can't get into restaurant :(
You're lucky!
I send you a "hoofshake"

Pippa said...

What a fine place to eat. Yum. I like to go out too, because there are lots of restaurants where I can sit outside.

(I have sent you a mail about the card exchange thingy too)

Pippa

Augie and Ti's mom said...

I laughed out loud over the dog with his head popped up,looking around--poor guy! I'm also impressed that you can bring dogs into restaurants there! Loved the pooches in the park, too.

Comet said...

Glad you made some new friends and the park. That food looks soooo good. We would have flooded the restaurant with drool!

Jake of Florida said...

The Italians are way ahead of us when it comes to letting dogs share in the joys of a good evening out with friends -- even if the food never comes.

You're looking quite handsome, Homer, and we hope you and your faily are enjoying la vida italiana!!


Wirey woofs,

Jake and Just Harry

How Sam Sees It said...

How wonderful that you can take Homer with you into restaurants! I wish we could do that here, but we can only take Sam on patio's... even then, some won't let us there!

Sam