Monday 24 May 2010

Oh Bologna!!!

This weekend my humans took me on a visit to Bologna – the home of spaghetti bolognese (drooooool)!

Missus picked a special hotel for our stay. Check it out here. They offer services like dog walking and grooming, they have an in-house vet and they provide selected dog foods. What more could a dog want from a hotel? They certainly do their best to make you feel like a VIP (Very Important Pooch!).

Here I am in our hotel room. Check out the doggie bed and the feeder bowls which were waiting for me when I arrived. Unfortunately the bed was a bit too small for me so I made myself at home on the humans’ bed instead.


Once we were settled in, we took our first look around downtown Bologna...

This is me and Dad posing in front of two of Bologna’s famous towers.


Here they are in all of their glory...


...and look at them from this angle. See how much the one in front is leaning!


Me and Missus in front of one the old city gates...


...and me and Dad alongside one of the many cathedrals.


The streets of Bologna were really bustling...


...At one point I thought it might be easier to get around in this little car!



Finally, we arrived in the heart of the city, Piazza Maggiore. Before exploring any further, my humans decided to take a well earned break...

Dad, soaking in the sun while I hid under the table.


My humans realised it was getting a bit hot for me so we went inside for some shade.


This gave me the perfect chance to chat up this booti-ful blonde lady: “Can I buy you a drink gorgeous???”


Me and Missus in front of the famous Fontana di Nettuno next to the Piazza.


Here I am with Dad in the centre of the Piazza, with some of Bologna’s historic buildings behind us...


...and here we are from a different viewpoint.


Behind us is the San Petronio cathedral. See how the bottom half is completely different from the top?



As the home of the oldest university in the world, Bologna is teeming with students. Many of them spend their weekends busking in Piazza Maggiore. This makes the place very vibrant. Check out some of the acts...

A very tall human!


Some jugglers.


A flying human lady.


Mr. Spongebob making a phone call.



And there were many other characters milling around...







Even this dog was trying to act like a pantomime horse!


While Dad was watching everyone giving money to the buskers, he suddenly had an idea...


How much could we make by selling ‘pets’ from yours truly?



There were no shortage of takers...

...like this old timer who kept whispering to me in Italian...


...and these youngsters who fell in love with me.


This little one couldn’t stop hugging me!


Next came this couple from Spain who have their own Golden Retriever waiting at home. They were missing him so much that they wanted to adopt me while they were in Italy.


Pretty soon, everyone wanted to pet me...


"How much have we made Dad?"


Dad didn’t answer me. But he seemed very pleased with my day’s work!



All in all we had a wonderful weekend in Bologna. I wonder where we’ll be going next week? Watch this space...

7 comments:

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

WOW!
I love Europe!
Bologna is a fun and friendly city indeed!
You have a huge fans of yours overthere, what a glorious day you spent there, Homer!
Cheers!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a pawesome trip!

Thanks fur sharing all those great scenes!

I bet woo were the talk of evFURRYone's khonversations that night!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Homer!
Thanks for the tour!
Bologna sure is a beautiful place with very nice people!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

How Sam Sees It said...

Thank you so much for posting these pictures of all the places you visit! I'm not sure I will every get there, but I am sure enjoying seeing these!

Sam

D.K. Wall said...

But did you get to eat any spaghetti bolognese?

Unknown said...

Oh Gosh, Homer - I know i sounds like a broken record but you do really always go on the most amazing trips! I really think you ought to write a travel book for doggies - at least for Italy!

And I want to know too - did you get any spaghetti??!! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Augie and Ti's mom said...

Wowie!! You live the most awesome life, Homer!