Wednesday 15 September 2010

Nice!

Bonjour!

Comment allez-vous?

Following our brief stay in Monte Carlo me and my humans made the short hop down the French Riveria to spend two nights in...



...the Cote d'Azur or the city of Nice to be precise.


Here's me and Missus with the French tricolor flying overhead.



As usual, Dad led the way as we explored the city.



Nice had everything you would expect of a charming French town.



...including all of the fabulous colours...



...and the enchanting fragrances which make the region of Provence so world reowned.



On with our tour, I couldn't leave any place without 'making my mark!'



After a while, I paused for a quick photoshoot with Missus in Nice's old town.



Before too long, it was time to stop for a bite to eat.



Here I am!



I have to say, I was impressed by some of the antics of France's own Golden Retrievers. Look at this guy whom we stumbled across. He didn't even get a treat for his trick!



After our stroll around the old town, we headed down Nice's Promenade des Anglais. The building with the dome is the famous Hotel Negresco.



Here it is in close-up.



Just in time for a quick rest. Phew!...



...before some more posing pictures. First, me and Missus on the promenade...



...then a group photo with me, Missus and Dad. (Sorry - I was a bit distracted).



Here's me and Missus with the booti-ful Mediterranean Sea behind us. Unfortunately, we (I) weren't allowed to go down on the beach...



...but we sneaked down in the evening anyway. Hee! Hee!


Nice is so nice! I wonder where we are going next???

Au revoir!

10 comments:

George The Lad said...

Thanks for showing us around, its a bum when us dogs are not allowed on the beech!
See Yea George xxx

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Pawesome trek enkhore pour tous!

That was some trikhk the French GR was perFURming!

Thanks fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Molly the Airedale said...

Wow! You have got to be the luckiest boy ever, Homer! The French Riviera?! Where to next?

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

How Sam Sees It said...

You are so lucky to be able to take Homer with you, even if you have to sneak him on the beach!

Sam

Lorenza said...

You are so right, Homer!
Nice is so nice!
Thanks for sharing it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Lucille said...

Ciao Homer,
my dear friend, sorry I have not been visiting you and you did all these nice posts... My human worked a lot these last two weeks... Something called Forecasting for the company she works for... Mainly numbers...
But I am going through them now, so I will catch up with your adventures!
I am so happy you had such a nice time... You know, when my humans went to Mentone they did not ask about going to the beach, in all honesty they thought that we doggies could go... instead no way even in France... sad isn't it?
Well, never mind, it would be too hot anyway to stay on the beach all they long!
I go backwards now, I have to read your Montecarlo post and the Lake como still ;)
PS: I am no longer a threat for increasing our families if you know what I mean, so if you still think you might like me... we can finally meet... ;)
Love Lucille

The Life of Riley said...

Hi Homer,
Nice looks nice - you are so lucky you get to go to all these places. I've enjoyed reading your last few posts about your travels, and love that you find other Goldies along the way to say hello to and swim with.

Woofs,
Riley

Unknown said...

Honestly, Homer - your life is just one long holiday - you lucky pup! How do your humans always manage to take you along to such lovely places? A lot of the times when my humans want to take me to "nice places" with them, they find that it's too hard or not dog-friendly or there aren't any nice places to stay with doggies - and even if there are, a lot of the places they want to visit & see wouldn't allow dogs so I would have to stay in the hotel (Or the car if it's not too hot) which would defeat the whole point of the thing! Otherwise the few places they CAN take me don't have many sightseeing place or nice places to eat & hang out, etc. So I'm so envious of you being able to go to so many places with your humans. Maybe it's because Europe is so much more dog-friendly?

Anyway, I really enjoyed your pictures - such beautiful places you go to! I know I'm always saying this but I really think you should publish a book - "Homer's Guide to Europe" or something! :-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Golden Samantha said...

Ahhhh - La jolie Nice! What beautiful pictures of such a lovely old city with such a spectacular setting! Can't believe dogs are not allowed on the beach (in France!!!) - amazing - and furry sad. You, my cuz, are so lucky to be able to travel all over Europe (and the world, I guess!) and thanks for coming and visiting us, traveling 45 minutes away to get muddy hahah! Can't wait to see where you get to go next. I could practically smell the lavender from here!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and Avalon

KT and Easton said...

No dogs on the beach?!?!?!
I thought the French were so progressive about their dogs since we were constantly dodging stinky piles on the sidewalks of Paris.
Oh well, guess we can't have everything!
Looks like a good time. We enjoy reading your posts about your adventures.