Thursday 15 November 2012

Out With The Old and In With The New

Last week, Dad went to England to visit Grandma. He’s now returned home and guess what he brought with him – A NEW BED for Yours Truly! All the way from England! Aroo… rooo… roo!

Although I love my new bed, I couldn’t bear to part with the old one. I got it when I was only about eight months old…

…and it has travelled around the world with me ever since.

I’ve spent countless hours sleeping in it, as well as watching the world go by.

Unfortunately, it has developed a lot of holes over the years. Now, this is something you wouldn’t want to show your girlfriends, right? It’s embarrassing!

Anyway, check out my super-duper new bed. It not only looks fantastic, but it’s comfortable too!

It is made of sturdy ‘memory foam’, which moulds to the contours of my ‘ahem’ svelte body. 

The Missus has laid a quilt on it to add a finishing touch.

Look at my happy face!

It's sooooo comfy...

…Oops! (A little too comfy)

Ahh… bliss! Hopefully, the girls will now be rushing to my (new) bedside. Woo hoo!

Right folks, I’m off to slumberland now. “Night–night, sleep tight, there’ll be no bed bugs biting me tonight!”

Love,
Homer

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just LOOOOVE your new bed! And your blanket. Enjoy it!

The Life of Riley said...

Wishing you lots of sweet dreams in your comfy new bed.

Woofs,
Riley

How Sam Sees It said...

We love your new bed! Sometimes getting something new is best!

Sam

Molly the Airedale said...

Your new bed is beautiful, Homer, and your quilt is so gorgeous and colorful! Sleep tight!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

Very nice looking new bed you have there!

Sheila and Bob said...

Wow Homer, very cool bed, memory foam is great. The Missus is so talented , that is a beautiful spread she made for you.

Lub Hamish

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Thanks for visiting us and your kind words, Homer and Missus. Love your new bed, did your mom make the quilt for you? Love your puppy too.

Daisy and angel Tucker.

Angus said...

An English bed ! How groovy is that ?

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a nice looking new bed!! We love the 'memory foam' ones too and got a new one for our pups this week--But for some reason, right now the only one who wants to sleep on it is the cat--What's with that??!! :-)

I hope you're doing well, and I hope you have a great and cozy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ah - what a great new bed!

KT and Easton said...

I am digging your new bed. I have a big one of my own. I like to hang my head off of one end. yea, I'm weird, but loveable....BOL

Yer pal Easton

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! LOVE the quilt. Comfy bed. Our reader is a mess and finally its working .. so happy to see all the blogs that disappeared from our list. Golden LOVE. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

So,khan I book a night?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra