Saturday 16 August 2014

My Pool Paradise

Woof folks!

Remember a short while ago when I told you about my new home in Pattaya, and the fact that it comes with its own swimming pool? Well, before I went for surgery to remove my tumour, my humans decided to take me for my first ‘dip’.

It had been a couple of years since I was last in a swimming pool. That was when I was staying in Singapore. So, you can imagine how nerve-wracking it was for me to ‘take the plunge’ after so long!

Let me tell you how my day unfolded...

Here’s Dad with the ‘Ball of Tennis’. He was explaining that we would be going for a swim and giving me words of encouragement, trying to build up my confidence.

Before I knew it, Dad had gone into the water.

After a while, he gently guided me down the steps and into the pool.

Once I was in the water, everything started to ‘click’…

…I was swimming again! Yay!

Of course, I am an excellent swimmer! After all, I spent a lot of time swimming when I was living in Holland (Hoek van Holland Beach) and Italy (Lake Garda and Lake Como)!

Before long I had worked out how to get into the pool all by myself. It was easy peasy!

Me and Dad spent ages having races to see who could get to the ‘Ball of Tennis’ first…

At first, Dad had the upper hand.

But then I started winning all of the races!

So Dad, being a sore loser, decided to cheat by constantly pulling the ball away from me. Bah!

In the end, I was just too fast for him. Once I’d got the ‘Ball of Tennis’ in my mouth, I would speed off like a torpedo!

Then it was a race back to the corner of the pool where the stairs are. Boy I was paddling very hard!

Here I am, frantically climbing out before Dad got to me!

‘Pant’, ‘Pant’, ‘Pant’. You know, I’m not getting any younger and mastering the pool stairs was no easy task.

Here I am, hanging on for dear life to the side of the pool…

…catching a breather during the exertions!

But I was soon off swimming again…

Look at me, all ‘goofy’ with my tongue hanging out.

I eventually got the hang of getting out of the pool.

In fact, I was literally ‘flying’ out!

With…

…or without the ‘Ball of Tennis’.

Phew! Just time for a quick dry out…

…And to check where Dad was!

Before plunging back in again.

I had such a fantastic time frolicking around with Dad.

We hung out by the side of the pool…

…we played a lot of silly games…

…we chased each other…

…and we laughed and laughed. We just had such a great time together!

Before I sign off, I’ll leave you with a couple of candid shots of Yours Truly. Enjoy.

Here I am striking the obligatory pose for the camera. (To be honest, I was really checking out my booti-ful reflection in the water!).

And here I am just swimming. Don’t I have an adorable expression on my face?

As I said earlier, all-in-all I had such fantastic day with my Dad. I can’t wait for our next ‘swim-day’!

Love,
Homer

5 comments:

The Life of Riley said...

Great photos.It is so cool that you have a pool!

Woofs
Riley

Molly the Airedale said...

You look so happy in the pool with your dad, Homer! We hope you get to go swimming again tomorrow!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That is a beautiful pool you have there, Homer! And what fun you and your Dad had together - so good to see you having such a good time.

Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

Angus said...

Homer - You are one brave fellow.

How Sam Sees It said...

Oh how fun! You are very lucky to have a pool to swim in!

Monty and Harlow