Thursday 23 December 2010

Homer's Christmas Card Photoshoot 2010

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Christmas is coming! I love Christmas - I get fantastic snow to play in, wonderful presents for being a 'good boy' (sometimes - he-he), lots of attention from my humans and, not to forget, sumptious food to stuff myself with. However, one of my favourite things about Christmas is the exchange of cards I have with my doggie buddies all over the world. 

I had a real challenge trying to capture the ideal pose for this year's 'Homer's Christmas Card'. Over the past few years I had set my standards pretty high. 

Let me show you some of the 'out-takes' I had to discard before settling on the 'winning' design for this year's card...

Oh-oh! This one wouldn't do for obvious reasons.

The hat was hanging nicely...but look at my 'frosty face'!

Who's a handsome boy? The pose was perfect...but I just couldn't keep that hat on my head a second longer...

...and again.

I was soon sick of the sight of that bloody hat...

...but I just couldn't seem to shake it off!

For a moment, I thought about eating the darn thing, but...

...4,365 attempts later, Missus finally captured the shot which done me justice...


Ta-da. The hat was in place and my face was just...festive!

Having got the shot, Missus set about turning the photo into the traditional Chrictmas card format. Want to see the result...?



Voila! For those who haven't yet received an original version (and those of you who Missus (not me!) forgot to post one to), this one is especially for you. 

I would also like to say a big thank you to all those who sent me a card. They are booti-ful and I will treasure them all! 

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas to everyone! 

Homer

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh hommer, we ALL think about eating the damn hat! even the human! but you are so handsome in it!

Molly the Airedale said...

Why do the hoomans feel the need to put that stoopid Santa hat on our heads, Homer?
Your Christmas card is wonderful!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Anonymous said...

Adorable! You look great in those photos!


Your Pal,
Simba
www.goldensimba.blogspot.com

Golden Samantha said...

Ohhh Homer - we thinks you did a pawesome job "posing" and we wouldn't have been half so patient! The final result is amazing and we love it!
Chrismas Cheer and Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and Avalon

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Great picture!! We have been there and done this lots of times--Try it with more than one who won't co-operate!! But somehow it does eventually come together, doesn't it?

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

GReat shoot Handsome!

Khousins Merdie and Harley know your pain -

I shared their hat pikhs this past Monday -

Of khourse, no hat on ME!

Happy HOWLidays!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

We love your card, Homer. Thanks for sending Luke good wishes on Facebook, we are worried about him.

Tucker and Daisy

Yas said...

Nice!!!

Cheers,
Maxx

Jolanda said...

Hi Homer

I wish you merry Christmas and always a big filled can with goodies:-))

woof, woof
Kayla

D.K. Wall said...

Patience is everything - which is why we do not have a Christmas Card - grins.

How Sam Sees It said...

It is a beautiful card! You are so cute!

Sam

KT and Easton said...

Terrific card and recording the "making of". Love it. Homer, you are so handsome, I think I hear Lady's heart a thumpin'. Best wishes to all of you. See ya next year.

Golden kisses and belly rubs,

KT and Lady

1000 Goldens said...

Nice job - some of the outtakes are really wonderful too :)

ThePainterPack said...

Woo looks most dashing! *wink*
Merry Christmas!!!

Mya Boo Boo

Unknown said...

I loved all the out takes! Your card was absolutely adorable.

Wishing you all the Merriest Christmas!

DT said...

Merry Christmas Homer! All the best! Regards from Portugal :)