Monday 19 January 2009

A Weekend with the Golden Girls

Last weekend, my humans went on a short break to Rome. (More about this later).

Normally, I’m not too happy when my humans go off gallivanting to exotic places and leave me behind. Not this time though. My humans found a new dog-sitting family for me. They were a very nice couple who stay on a houseboat with its own garden and live only a short distance from the beach. Best of all, they have a ‘booti-ful’ young female golden retriever. Even better, they were also looking after another female golden retriever at the same time. I couldn’t believe my luck! I spent a ‘naughty’ weekend with two gorgeous young ladies.

Here are a few pictures taken during my stay with them...

This is Lobke, a three year old, good looking golden retriever. Wait a minute... that sounds like a description of me. Talk about compatible!



The lady on the right belongs to my dog-sitters. Her name is Amy. She is only a year old and she is very charming. (Unlike myself – check out my squinting. I was trying to put on a ‘seductive’ persona, but I just looked like I needed to go to the toilet. D’oh!)



A close-up of Amy.



As you can see, she loves to have her photograph taken and is always ready for the camera...



... unlike me, as you can see from the picture above. D’oh! (again).


Anyway, I really enjoyed my weekend and I can’t wait to meet up with Amy and Lobke again.

13 comments:

Mason Dixie said...

Sounds like a good place for you to stay. I must say I am kinda jealous of those girls....=( I think I am pretty, but they sure are pretty too.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOW!

Woo sooooo know how to live!

Something tells me woo don't miss China at all!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Lorenza said...

Hi, Homer!
Looks like you had a pawesome weekend with your friends Amy and Lobke!
I hope your mom and dad had a great trip too!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Kelli said...

Hi Homer!
It sounds like you had a great weekend with those girlies! I bet they loved you even if you weren't as ready for the camera as Amy!
:) Tibby

MJ's doghouse said...

way to go Homer...playing hard to get....you are a smart guy....

Comet said...

It sounds like you had a great time while your humans were gone.

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

WOOOWOOOOWOOOO Homy!!!!!
we're soooooooooooooo jealous of you......two very very very bautiful girls ONLY for you!!!!!!SOOOOOOO GREAT!!!!!did you falling in love?????
certainly you have had a wonderful time while your humans were gone!!!!!
but...your humans are been in Italy and didn't came to know us????AHIAHIAHIAHI!!!!! :-))))))
lots of love and kisses!!!!

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

OKKKKKKKKKK Dear friends...
we forgive you this time!!!
WAAAAWAAAWAAAA...
yes...we live in orth of Italy and Rome is 600 km away us!!!
but...next time.....we want you like our special guess at our home with you Homi ok???
We're very happy that your humans had a great time in Rome..it's beautiful place!!!!!
ciao ciao cari amici!!!

Lacy said...

w00f's Homer. wow, heehee looks like to me u had a pawsome, pawtastic weekend...

b safe,
~rocky~

Pipa said...

Ciauuu bambino! :)

:) What a nice weekend, hein, smart Homer? Two boootiful golden retrievers! Your hoomans love you, well that's for sure! They make sure you stay happy, confy and... in a veeeery good company! :)
I always finish your posts laughing, my friend. This blog is great for anyone's soul... you have a smashing sense of humour!

And that's why i love you so, Homie!

(I keep sleeping in my old blanket... can't manage to jump in my hoomans bed... It's so unfair! That's why I'm waking them up half an hour earlier, at 0700... there you go!!)

(oh, and yes, once I am off leash, I become a wild dog... I know exactly the moment NOT TO come back to my hoomans... it's the exact moment that I'm supposed too, you see?? This is an art. They starting running around in circles after me... and I pretend that I'm playing with them... but I'm actually taking revenge of not eating all the stuff I want too in all the moments I feel like. Yeeep... :))


Luv,

Pipa

Thor and Jack said...

Homer! You sure is a lucky dog spending the weekend with those gorgeous goldies friends!

Love,
Thor

Anonymous said...

Homer,
A threesome! We are soooooo envious; well at least us guys are. Sophie, Abby, Shelby Belle, and Shiloh are disgusted by your situation. We guys on the other hand hold you in high admiration Tell us more, tell us more.
- Homer J., Jubal, J.E.B., Jack and Max (We didn't let the Kitties read you blog because it was too provocative for them)

Dino and Family said...

Oh! I envy you! I bet the two ladies were fighting for your attention! Your Mom and Dad should go away more often so that you can have more time with these pretty girls. Love, Dino