Monday 9 February 2009

Amsterdam

Remember I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was going on holiday to Amsterdam? Unfortunately, I’ve been ‘a bit tied up’ lately (thanks Missus!). So, I’ve only just got the opportunity to share some of my holiday snaps with you. Enjoy...

This is me ready for the off.



Following a one-hour drive, we finally reached the hotel in Amsterdam. Man, I was exhausted from the journey.




However, I soon perked up. Right, where are we going first?




We soon hit the town with a leisurely walk along Amsterdam’s many canals .




Some of the houses were booti-ful.




Of course, Missus made me stop occasionally for some photo-opportunities.




Holland is famous for its flowers and we passed through Amsterdam’s main flower market.




I stopped by to take a sniff.




Missus made sure that we ventured down one of Amsterdam’s main shopping streets. Unfortunately Dad lost his way!




Then we ended up in ‘Dam Square’.




They sure have big dogs in Amsterdam. Look at the size of those brown ones behind me!



I managed to sit calmly for this photo. In reality I was terrified of those big dogs.



Unfortunately, I didn’t get to visit Amsterdam’s famed Red Light District.



Not to be deterred, I’ve made my own video in honour of the special character of Amsterdam. Of course there is the Red Light District and it’s sex trade. There are hundreds of Coffee Shops in which you can easily buy soft drugs. And, there are numerous restaurants selling all of my favourite foods. So, I’ve called the video: “Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.”

Anyway, I really enjoyed my holiday and can’t wait to go away again.


16 comments:

Mason Dixie said...

wow what a great trip. I would love to go and visit another country, but first I need to get out of Ohio at least once. BOL. =)

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

I need to know where Luna can get some sausage rolls!

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

We enjoy your picture show and the clip. Amsterdam is a beautiful city, my parents had been there during an European tour. Homer, in the clip, looked like you busy sniffing the sidewalk, didn't care about shopping, right?
Muahhh!

Lorenza said...

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls! What a title for your video!
I noticed all your sniffing in the video! Sure they were very interesting new smells there!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Joey and Tanner's peeps went there fur their honeymoon...they LOVED it!

Tank woo fur sharing your trip!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

The Other Homer (TOH),
Great video clip. Did you really leave p-mail on the store? That's a nice walking harness you were sporting. Much better than the old CHOKE chains we use. Dad says thanks for the history of the Red light district. Loved your photos too. Glad those big dogs didn't chase you. Cool Drool. OBTW: Dad rescue transport was cancelled this morning but mom had a "Honey Do" list for him so he has done his 40 things yet.
- The bumpass Hounds
- The Bumpass Hounds

Bae Bae said...

That looks like a pawsome trip and what a comfy bed you got in the hotel hee hee

I'll be very scared of those giant dogs too...

~ Bae

Samantha: said...

Hi Homer! What a cool trip! Mmmmm- sausage rolls! Lots of doggies on the blogs are having some pawsome food lately! I'm drooling! Have more fun on your holiday!
Licks,
Sammie

Pipa said...

Gosh, Homie!

You have such a pawtastic sense of humour! You're becoming my favourite monty-phyton-doggie! (I just loooove monty...)

Your moovie is awsome and you look bootiful as always. I'd love to be in Amsterdam with you, snifing all those fantastic things on the floor! :)


Luv,

Pipa

Anonymous said...

Hi Homer! Amsterdam looks very cool - the flowers, canals, old houses, and - gasp! - big doggies are amazing. You're a great tour guide!

See ya!
Joey

Molly the Airedale said...

What a beautiful city! You look pretty relaxed in bed at the hotel, Homer! Mom is drooling over all the flowers!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

GREAT Homie!!!!!!!!!!!!
You look sooooooooo gorgeous like a travelling dog!!!!!WAAWAAWAAA!!!!
thanks for sharing with us those wonderful pictures about your holiday!!!
But next trip we want to be with you and your family ok??????!!!!!!
and sausage rolls.....mmmmmmmm....we love it....did you eaten a lots in Amsterdam????
and can we say about your video????
Marvelous!!!!!....like you!!!!!
We love you soooooooooooo much!!!!
Kisses and licks to you and your beautiful family!!!!

Twinkle a.k.a Chicken Little said...

Homer, that look like a berry pawsome place & boy look at those flower. Its bootiful & you might get some for V'day.

slurpy licks,
Twinkle

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Homer!
What a wonderful trip you had! Amsterdam is a very beautiful city with all those canals and old houses! The pictures are lovely and the video is great! You look so comfy in that big bed!

Love,
Thor

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Happy Valentine sweet Homer,
Hope your Valentines Day is filled with extra kisses, treats, hugs & belly rubs!

Ms. ~K said...

Wrooo wrooo,
We give your video "3 Paws Up"...
Amsterdam is a rockin' city for sure!
Zack, Sassy and Buddy