Wednesday 4 February 2009

Missus

Missus is trying to hijack my blog. Help……….


Yours truly. Bound and gagged.*



Right, this is Missus. Now that Homer is out of the way, I need to say a few things. I have been tagged by 'Simona (Paco and Milo's mum)' and 'Carla (Pipa's mum)' to list 40 things about myself.

This was one of the hardest tasks I’ve ever been set. More taxing than my worst ever job interview.

Anyway, I managed to come up with 40. Here goes.


1. I was born in Singapore in 1979 and I have just turned 30.

2. I was brought up mainly by my grandparents whom I loved dearly and miss terribly.

3. I’m independent and resourceful…

4. …but obsessively tidy and organized.

5. I don’t drink and I don’t smoke, but I do have plenty of other vices :) …

6. …for instance, I love food – especially sinful stuff like chocolate.

7. I’m a bit of an introvert and I don’t like parties.

8. Despite the fact that I’m from Singapore, I much prefer cold weather.

9. I love my husband. He is the pillar of my strength and he is so kind, patient, witty and charming…

10. … although he sometimes drives me crazy.

11. We used to be colleagues. That’s how we met.

12. We got married in Singapore at Raffles Hotel. It was a wonderful occasion.

13. I feel that I should want children…but my biological clock isn't ticking yet.

14. I have a degree in Public Relations, although I’ve only briefly worked in this field.

15. My previous jobs have included secretarial work, events management and public relations.

16. My last job, before I left Singapore, was in corporate communications with a Swiss bank…

17. …I am now effectively ‘retired’. For the past few years, I’ve travelled around to suit my husband’s job location.

18. However, I still harbor ambitions to return to work in the private banking sector.

19. I love dogs. Big dogs. Small dogs. All dogs.

20. I love Homer with all my heart. I almost named him ‘Vito’ after the lead character from ‘The Godfather’.


21. I like to go to dog shows, especially Crufts which I’ve attended for the last few years.

22. I love doggy blogs. (Homer sometimes lets me help out with his!). They are so interesting and it’s nice to know that there are other crazy dog lovers out there.

23. I love travelling and exploring different countries/cities. Rome and Luxor (Egypt) have been my favorites so far.

24. As well as Singapore, I have also spent long periods living in South Korea, China and now the Netherlands.

25. The Netherlands has been great so far. It’s a very dog friendly country… need I say more!

26. I’ve recently started to enjoy spending time in museums. The Louvre and the Vatican museums were booti-ful.

27. I speak fluent English and Mandarin and would love to learn Spanish.

28. I am an avid reader...but mostly of ‘trivia’. (Dog magazines, women’s magazines, etc.).

29. My favourite TV shows are the Simpsons (of course), Family Guy, Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. I also have a soft spot for British comedy.

30. I am keen on cooking and baking...but only for me and my husband (and Homer).

31. I would love to take up ballroom dancing, but I can’t get my husband to ‘play ball’.

32. Like many women, I’m a shopaholic.

33. Don’t remind my husband, but I have a weakness for the luxuries in life. For example, I love fine jewellery and designer shoes. My favourites are Louboutin and Manolo.

34. My latest hobby is photography. I’m getting better…

35. I spend (too many) hours on the Internet every day.

36. For the first time, I have a house with a garden. Come the summer, I intend to develop some ‘green fingers’. First task is my favourite herb: rosemary.

37. I’m forever putting off learning to drive. One of these days…

38. My favourite color is green.

39. My favourite pastime of all is…sleeping. ZZZZzzzzzzz…

40. Lastly, I’m a sadist. Yep, my mind can be very twisted. That’s why I’m going to pass this tag on. (Evil laughter: Muah HA HA HA HA)

The (un)lucky recipients are:



'The Bumpass Hounds' Mum/Dad (reveal yourself!)

Sorry guys. Good luck!

*[Note: No animals were hurt in the making of this blog.]

23 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

WOW!

They were furry good!

AND woo are furry beaWOOtiful!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

PeeEssWoo: I'm howling with laughter bekhause Mom did that on TUESDAY so woo will see 'em when woo hit our blog! ;-)

Lacy said...

w00f's Homer, heehee tell ur mama pawsome job on her 40 things...

b safe,
~rocky~

ThePainterPack said...

It is so good to know more about woo!!! And beewootiful pictures!!! An AMAZING bride!

Mya Boo Boo

Pei In The Life said...

I hope you got treats for this Homer. A whole bunch of treats.
Bolo
http://peiinthelife.blogspot.com/

Mason Dixie said...

Thanks for sharing about you and your life. I too am surprised at all the crazy dog lovers out there such as my mom. =)

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

I love the list! Your missus is adorable, I fall in love with your missus right at the first sight!
My mom kept looking at the wedding picture, the bride and the groom are beautiful and lovely!
Thanks for letting missus hijacks your blog!

Samantha: said...

I love these shares! You are so lovely and have a lot of interests! My favorites are you interests in dogs of kinds of course!
Licks,
Sammie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Homer!
It was against your will but thanks for let her share with us all those things!
Thanks for tagging my mom! She does not like to talk about her but I am going to convince her!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Homer,your mom is terrific. Our dad loves Singapore. He has spent about 4 weeks there, 1 week at a time. One of his biggest disappointments was sailing past Singapore within view of the anchorage (with like a hundred ships anchored there) and the city because his ship's (USS Constellation) port visit was cancelled the day that they were supposed to pull in; they just continued through The Straits up into the I.O. Dad is very envious that your peeps got married at The Raffles Hotel. Dad would go there every day that the ship was in Singapore to some place called the Long Bar. They make some beverage there that he was very fond of and it can't be made anywhere else in the world like it is at The Long Bar at The Raffles Hotel in Singapore. When will be getting your report on Amsterdam? Abby sez to tell you that she kinda likes that kinky picture of you all tied up and gagged.
- The Bumpass Hounds.

Anonymous said...

Hi Homer! Thanks for letting your missus hijack your blog. She is so beautiful...what a gorgeous wedding picture! And a great picture with you, too! My mom agrees that it was really hard to do. We couldn't even get 40 things, but you did - great job!

See ya!
Joey

Asta said...

Homew
You have bootiful Mommi and daddi..and she sounds gweat..loving doggies is a BIG plus!
It sounds like youw life is pawfect!
smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess..Homew you did a gweat job of acting in that post

Twinkle a.k.a Chicken Little said...

Homer, are you free now?? Your mom is kinda mean with this...told ya woman are crazy.lol

but good to know about your mom, mayb we can come out with another dog tag so you can tire her up. lol

Pipa said...

MISSUS!

You are lovely and... what a bride you made! let me tell ya, my mummy keeps repeating "Well, that's a great wedding picture!". It's so good to know more about the "human part" of this doggie bloggie story.
And it was so good to know more about you Missus, who Carla admires so much... do I need to say, once again, that it was 'cause of this blog that Carla decided to make one too??

Plus, Missus really easy to read, 'cause her english is so fantastic, so fluid... she is a great writer!

(that photo of Homer gagged... what a sense of humour!).

I just realized that I don't have enough "good english" to tell you how much I'm proud of having you as a bloggie friend and how happy we are to know you!

:)


Pipa

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

First of all, that's a great picture of Homer at the beginning! Made me laugh.

I love the wedding pic - you look so beautiful. Magical.

Thanks for sharing

dogsdeservefreedom

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Homer, you are such a good boy to let your mommy tie and gag you. We are not sure we could. Beautiful wedding photo.

Tucker and Daisy

Bae Bae said...

Oh... I almost want to go rescue you Homer. But I think you should be safe now..
Your mom sure is pretty and pawsome. And I have the same favourite pastime as her. ;)

~ Bae

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

WOOOWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOO Missus!!!!!
it's nice to know you and your interest!!!!!
we love you sooooooooooooo much!!!!
but.............POOR Homie!!!!!!!we are going to rescue you dear friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!WAAAWAAAWAAA!!!!Grea picture!!!!
Missus is really beautiful.....mmmmmmmm...how unfortunate!!!!!she's just married...so we can't ask her to marry us!!!!!! SIGH SIGH!!!!
her wedding photo is wonderful!!!!!!
our favorites are you interests in dogs of kinds of course!!!!!!
hope to meet you one of these days!!!will be great!!!!!!
we love you so much dear friends!!!
thanks for sharing with us!!!!!
P.s.
Missus...can you send your e mail to our mum?????
or you can send the recipe for the Milo's cake ?????mum wants prepare your recipe!!!!!
our mail is
pacodellegrandiombre@alice.it

we love you so much and thanks for your wonderful friendship!!!!!

Molly the Airedale said...

Your mom is sure pretty, Homer! We feel that we know her so much better now!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Life With Dogs said...

I think I can match you on # 40 :)

Amber-Mae said...

Oh gosh! I will come & rescue you Homer! By the way, my Mommy says your Mom is very beewootiful. She looked gorgeous in that wedding gown too & your papa is handsome! And you're their good looking son.

Boogie Woogie,
Solid Gold Dancer

Anonymous said...

Hi Homer! To answer your question, yes, the Gentle Leader does leave a mark if I pull, but it goes away quickly and doesn't hurt. My mom thinks it's preferable to the horrible choking sounds I make when I pull on my regular collar during walks, plus I really can't pull quite as hard with it - darn!

See ya!
Joey

Anonymous said...

Nice hotel Raffles
i visit it when i traven singapore.
Greeting from louisette +2 golden
Cerise and zitablue.

Dino and Family said...

Homer, I am so sorry you were gagged, but at least we got to know your mommy a lot better. My mom recalls being tagged some time back, but she was not brave enough to tackle it, maybe I should gag her and tell you all about that woman! I love the wedding pic and the portrait of both of you so much! Thanks so much for sharing! Love, Dino