Yours truly. Bound and gagged.*
Right, this is Missus. Now that Homer is out of the way, I need to say a few things. I have been tagged by 'Simona (Paco and Milo's mum)' and 'Carla (Pipa's mum)' to list 40 things about myself.
This was one of the hardest tasks I’ve ever been set. More taxing than my worst ever job interview.
Anyway, I managed to come up with 40. Here goes.
1. I was born in Singapore in 1979 and I have just turned 30.
2. I was brought up mainly by my grandparents whom I loved dearly and miss terribly.
3. I’m independent and resourceful…
4. …but obsessively tidy and organized.
5. I don’t drink and I don’t smoke, but I do have plenty of other vices :) …
6. …for instance, I love food – especially sinful stuff like chocolate.
7. I’m a bit of an introvert and I don’t like parties.
8. Despite the fact that I’m from Singapore, I much prefer cold weather.
9. I love my husband. He is the pillar of my strength and he is so kind, patient, witty and charming…
10. … although he sometimes drives me crazy.
11. We used to be colleagues. That’s how we met.
12. We got married in Singapore at Raffles Hotel. It was a wonderful occasion.
13. I feel that I should want children…but my biological clock isn't ticking yet.
14. I have a degree in Public Relations, although I’ve only briefly worked in this field.
15. My previous jobs have included secretarial work, events management and public relations.
16. My last job, before I left Singapore, was in corporate communications with a Swiss bank…
17. …I am now effectively ‘retired’. For the past few years, I’ve travelled around to suit my husband’s job location.
18. However, I still harbor ambitions to return to work in the private banking sector.
19. I love dogs. Big dogs. Small dogs. All dogs.
20. I love Homer with all my heart. I almost named him ‘Vito’ after the lead character from ‘The Godfather’.
21. I like to go to dog shows, especially Crufts which I’ve attended for the last few years.
22. I love doggy blogs. (Homer sometimes lets me help out with his!). They are so interesting and it’s nice to know that there are other crazy dog lovers out there.
23. I love travelling and exploring different countries/cities. Rome and Luxor (Egypt) have been my favorites so far.
24. As well as Singapore, I have also spent long periods living in South Korea, China and now the Netherlands.
25. The Netherlands has been great so far. It’s a very dog friendly country… need I say more!
26. I’ve recently started to enjoy spending time in museums. The Louvre and the Vatican museums were booti-ful.
27. I speak fluent English and Mandarin and would love to learn Spanish.
28. I am an avid reader...but mostly of ‘trivia’. (Dog magazines, women’s magazines, etc.).
29. My favourite TV shows are the Simpsons (of course), Family Guy, Grey’s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. I also have a soft spot for British comedy.
30. I am keen on cooking and baking...but only for me and my husband (and Homer).
31. I would love to take up ballroom dancing, but I can’t get my husband to ‘play ball’.
32. Like many women, I’m a shopaholic.
33. Don’t remind my husband, but I have a weakness for the luxuries in life. For example, I love fine jewellery and designer shoes. My favourites are Louboutin and Manolo.
34. My latest hobby is photography. I’m getting better…
35. I spend (too many) hours on the Internet every day.
36. For the first time, I have a house with a garden. Come the summer, I intend to develop some ‘green fingers’. First task is my favourite herb: rosemary.
37. I’m forever putting off learning to drive. One of these days…
38. My favourite color is green.
39. My favourite pastime of all is…sleeping. ZZZZzzzzzzz…
40. Lastly, I’m a sadist. Yep, my mind can be very twisted. That’s why I’m going to pass this tag on. (Evil laughter: Muah HA HA HA HA)
The (un)lucky recipients are:
'The Bumpass Hounds' Mum/Dad (reveal yourself!)
Sorry guys. Good luck!
Sorry guys. Good luck!
*[Note: No animals were hurt in the making of this blog.]