Sunday 18 December 2011

Homer's Christmas Card Photoshoot 2011

For the last few weeks, I have been trying my best to get the right photo for this year "Homer's Christmas Card". It's been a challenge to get the ideal shot as I always set my standards pretty high. (If you don't believe me, check out some of my previous years' Christmas Card efforts here and here). 

Anyway, here are some of the 'out-takes' I had to discard before settling on the 'winning' one for this year's design.

Missus thought this cape (it's actually the cover for the base of our Christmas tree) might give me a 'festive' appearance. Unfortunately, it just made me look like the Pope...

...my nose is too big in this shot. Everyone can see into my flaring nostrils!

Now this might have been the 'choosen one'. Alas, the darn photographer cut the corner of my head off!

By the time we took this shot, we were all getting tired and frustrated. We were desperate to get the right picture. But, hiding my face in Santa's hat obvoiusly doesn't make the cut...

...While I was having a rest from the photo-shoot, my humans thought it would be amusing to use some of the Christmas tree decorations to produce a 'kinky' shot. Look at my shiny 'crown jewels'. Hmmm... a bit too tacky for a Christmas card though.

After what seemed like a million out-takes, we finally managed to get the right one...

And this is the final result...

...TA - DA! This is it! Me so booti-ful!


Voila! For those of you who haven't yet received the original version (and those of you who Missus (not me) forgot to post one to), this one is especially for you. 

Also, I would like to say a big thank you to those who have sent me a card. They are booti-ful and I love them all! 

Merry Christmas to everyone!

20 comments:

Lucca said...

Beautiful picture! Merry Christmas!

Finn said...

LOL! That first one does make you look like the pope! You look great though and we love the final product!

Angus said...

Great final photo.

Elaine Pritchard said...

Oh Homer!!! I think you would make a great Pope - but not if that shot of you with strategically-placed baubles gets out to the press.

I LOVE your finished card. You look extra handsome.

Happy Christmas Homer.

Love and licks, Winnie

Molly the Airedale said...

That is definitely the perfect shot, Homer, but we sure did enjoy the out-takes!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Anonymous said...

Great choice handsome Homer - nice look..the thoughtful, wise expression... with dark chocolate biscuit eyes full of fun and mischief!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Homer, we don't think you could possibly have gotten a better shot than this one!!!! It is beautiful.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

KT and Easton said...

Incredible - best card I've ever seen. Congrats Homer, you are a star. Hollywoof next stop?
BOL
Merry Christmas you guys.

Best Alway from,

Ken, Andi and Easton
Seattle, WA, USA

El said...

What a wonderful photo shoot!! Thank you for spreading Christmas cheer to all of us online! You look so handsome Homer!!

Penny's Mumma said...

Homer, ALL your photos are adorable!
And your new home is fabulous!! Your mom and dad certainly made sure you have the perfect place to play and hang out. I didnt know anything about the housing in Singapore, very interesting.

Happy Holidays to you all!

Karen

Dexter said...

Wow! Your snooter really is huge. I kind of like the Pope look and of course the holiday nards are giving my momma ideas for our card next year.

Slobbers,
Mango

Finn said...

Not yet Homer, not yet! We are on the lookout for it though!

Anonymous said...

By the way Homer...you're lucky it's just a beautiful christmas card your humans want to make - look what my best buddy had to do
http://bigdogzola.com/2011/12/21/golden-toffees-xmas-groovin/

xx

Kari in Alaska said...

Ha silly humans

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com

Anonymous said...

Adorable!

Check out this equally adorable golden retriever Puppy Christmas video.

http://youtu.be/_6GnaHDYQsI

The Life of Riley said...

Merry Christmas Homer. My humans, Enzo and I all think your card is wonderful - you should have seen my mum smile at the sight of your cute face when your card arrived. Unfortunatley my human is not so good at meeting deadlines (doesn't she know it is the same date every year!!!) but she assures me that now that we know your new address that a card from me will be put in the post to you in the new year.

Woofs,
Riley

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Pope Homer has a certain ring to it!

As fur the photoshoot, Whitney was FURRY impressed with one of them ;-)

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Knucklehead said...

What a handsome Christmas card!! Merry Christmas!!!

Unknown said...

Meu presente de Natal é tão belo e diferente
que jamais se encontrará em lojas
Ele é fácil de fazer e não precisa de dinheiro.
Minha arvore é enfeitada com bons sentimentos
Sentimentos de aumizade e aulegria.
Quero desejar a vocês meus aumigos
Um feliz Natal repleto de lambeijos e caurinho.
Que seus donos saibam retribuir todo o aumor
que recebem.


Com aumor sua aumiga Lethy
O cartão ficou marauvilhoso!
Aubrigada!

How Sam Sees It said...

We love your annual Christmas card!

Merry Christmas!

Sam