Wednesday 12 March 2008

Crufts 2008 - The 'Goldies'

First of all, I want to apologise for not having updated my blog for a while. I blame it on my humans. They went off to England and took my laptop along with them. So, I have had nothing to work on for the past few weeks.

Even worse, they went off to Crufts without telling me! Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! This is the most important event in 'dogdom' (“Four days, 23,000 dogs and only one will emerge as Best in Show”, as the promotional literature puts it.) How could they not take me?!?

They must have known that I was going to be upset as they brought loads of nice treats for me. They probably hoped that this would appease my anger. It sure did! Anyway, Missus took lots of amazing photos while at Crufts and I would like to share them with you. Unfortunately, due to sheer volume of photos, I am going to have to show them over a number of blogs. To begin with, here's a selection of pictures from the Golden Retrievers’ show (my favourites)…

The Golden Retrievers in the show ring.

The handlers presenting the dogs to the judge.

Is he going to win?

Another 'Goldie' striking it's best pose.

The contestants waiting for their turn to be judged.

More contestants.

One of the many 'booti-ful' Goldies.

It's all about style...

... and poise!

Despite the intense competition, this 'Goldie' was very calm and happy!

"I hope the judge likes me"...

The contestants checking each other.

"We need to form a line!"

Strutting towards his owner.

Another 'Goldie' striking a pose.

Isn't he gorgeous???

"I hope I have a winning smile!"

No comments: